Thursday, April 9, 2015

Halfway through Radiation

I have completed 18 of my 36 radiation treatments.  I had one rough day last week, where I broke down a couple times, but for the most part things have been going good.  Some doctor must have made a ton of money to pin point when the fatigue was going to settle in (the 3 week mark).  My legs have been bothering me quite a bit, and I get short of breath just walking up the stairs.  My skin is starting to turn pink, so I've been putting on the cream they gave me.  I'm hoping the burn doesn't get to bad.  But on the bright side of things, I am halfway done, and I'm crushing it! (Little saying I've picked up from my weekly boot camp I attend).
Herceptin Treatment # 4 of 12

Herceptin Treatment # 5 of 12
My herceptin treatments have been going great.  I still plan on having a full day spent at the doctor on these days.  After my blood is drawn, it takes about an hour before they have the results back.  Then they first release my drugs to the pharmacy which takes usually about another hour before they have everything they need to start.

Herceptin Treatment # 6 of 12 on April 8th
The herceptin itself takes only 30 minutes.  Usually we can get a movie in, but sometimes I'm busy with visitors.  I had the nutritionist come in when my mom was down, perfect fit, she could get some tips for school lunches:)  I also have been able to talk with the counselor from Still Waters too!  All the resources have been very helpful.

Tried spiking my hair like Gavin:)
One of my favorite songs to listen to has been by Steven Curtis Chapman, "Glorious Unfolding".  If you haven't heard it before, it brings me to tears almost every time I listen to it.  Today when I got in my car to leave after my radiation treatment it came on the radio.  I listened, sang, and had tears just rolling down my face.  Here are the lyrics in case you want to read through them.  I also have a link for the video, Glorious Unfolding Video.

"The Glorious Unfolding"

Lay your head down tonight
Take a rest from the fight
Don’t try to figure it out
Just listen to what I’m whispering to your heart
‘Cause I know this is not
Anything like you thought
The story of your life was gonna be
And it feels like the end has started closing in on you
But it’s just not true
There’s so much of the story that’s still yet to unfold

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
You’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us
And watch this glorious unfolding

God’s plan from the start
For this world and your heart
Has been to show His glory and His grace
Forever revealing the depth and the beauty of
His unfailing Love
And the story has only begun

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
We’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us
And watch this glorious unfolding

We were made to run through fields of forever
Singing songs to our Savior and King
So let us remember this life we’re living
Is just the beginning of the beginning

Of this glorious unfolding
We will watch and see and we will be amazed
If we just keep on believing the story is so far from over
And hold on to every promise God has made to us
We’ll see the glorious unfolding

Just watch and see (unfolding)
This is just the beginning of the beginning (unfolding)

No comments:

Post a Comment